Sawmill Bay Shellfish are looking for a reliable addition to our team helping us to produce sustainable shellfish. Duties include seed and market size grading, harvesting, washing, maintenance and transport of shellfish. Based on QUADRA ISLAND with 7 farms in and around the discovery island. We grow primarily oysters and clams for direct sales to restaurants in Canada and oversea’s.
With a starting wage of $20/hour and plenty of opportunity for the right individual to quickly increase with increased responsibilities. Possibility of subsidized rental accomodation for the right person committing to long term employment.
● fit and active
● enjoys physical work
● sense of humor !
● used to boats and ocean–good sense of balance–knowledge of knots an asset
● able to work outside in all weathers
● looking for long term stable work
We can offer
● full time year round work _ 40 hours Mon-Fri
● Home every evening
● working in a beautiful environment
● above average pay
● increased responsibilities and increased pay within months for the right applicant
● paid vacation
● extended health after 3 months if required
● ferry paid for daily commute if necessary
● possible rental accommodation
Apply with a cover letter detailing experience, motivation and current situation.
How to Apply: E-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text Ryan at 604-855-8238