It’s that time of the year again!
• Membership for the current year expires August 31, 2017.
• The BCSGA’s Annual General Meeting will be held on October 27, 2017.
Over the past year, the BCSGA has worked with industry partners on the norovirus issue, established additional benefits for our membership and initiated several projects that will benefit membership.
• Members now have access to an extended health plan administered through Chartwell Financial.
• BCSGA has partnered with Vancouver Island University on two initiatives – online training for Vibrio and a broodstock development project.
• BCSGA is working with North Island College and BC Centre for Aquatic Health Sciences to develop an assay to test for norovirus.
• Hakai partnered with the BCSGA to monitor water quality using a Burke-o-Lator installed in Baynes Sound. Data will be streamed live on the Internet.
Members in good standing are invited to attend the Annual General Meeting and workshops on October 27, 2017 to learn more about our projects, mingle with other members, elect your new Board of Directors and enjoy a dinner featuring our products. If you would like to become a member of the Board, please contact me and I will add your name to the ballots.
Thank you for your support and continued membership. I have attached the new membership form. Please renew your membership by September 1, 2017.